Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I love taking pictures of old and/or broken things. On flickr, two of my favorite groups are Urban Decay and Rural Decay. I just find something about man-made objects being reclaimed by nature a comforting thought. One of the best images I ever saw was a picture of a temple someplace in Asia (Thailand I think) where trees had long ago started growing on top of it and the root were slowly swallowing the temple into oblivion. I do not have any pictures which come close to making such a powerful statement but I have a couple I do like. Enjoy.

This falling down house is right on Avila Beach Drive right across from Avila Barn.



I saw this just a few blocks from my house. There used to be a house on this lot and then one day we walked by and all that was left was the cement foundation (with linoleum still glued to it where the kitchen and bathrooms used to be) and this old car.



0 comments:

flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kamundse. Make your own badge here.

Followers

License

These photos are not free for you to link to, republish, copy, or download just because they are on the internet. If you would like to use a photograph you see here, contact me. kamundse at gmail dot com

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP