Monday, September 24, 2007

Road trip - day 11

Victoria, BC

Ok, that was a bit more than 5 days. I was starting to have some serious laptop withdrawls! My baby is back and I can finally finish going through the rest of our trip pictures and everything I've taken since then!

On Tuesday we took the ferry from Bellingham to Victoria for the day. I was really excited about this trip. I took the Port Angeles ferry (which is much bigger) to Victoria years ago on a trip with my parents and having a great time. We'd been having perfect weather all the previous week but Tuesday started out cold and foggy. The ferry ride took us right through the San Juan Islands.





The first place we went once we arrived was the British Columbia Parliment. I remembered the building from my last trip but it was still so impressive.





After Parliment, we walked over to the Empress Hotel, which is right on the waterfront, near Parliment.



From there we decided to get lunch and walk through old town. We made our way around to the Royal British Columbia Museum. I had been in it last time and was sad that we did not have enough time to go inside this trip. We did look at their totem collection outside.





The last thing we did was take a walk along the waterfront. The light rain and clouds had cleared so I got another couple of nice pictures of the Empress Hotel and the Victoria shoreline.





The ferry ride home was sunnier and warmer but the fog and clouds still had not cleared all the way.



Our trip home ended with a beautiful sunset over the San Juans.



2 comments:

Cristina Mathers 4:29 PM  

so i just ready your comment on my blog, and your pics are awesome.

i pretty much am moving towards the canon rebel 8mpxl. it comes HIGHLY recommended and isn't totally over my budget. thanks for the advice. and awesome blog!

flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kamundse. Make your own badge here.

Followers

License

These photos are not free for you to link to, republish, copy, or download just because they are on the internet. If you would like to use a photograph you see here, contact me. kamundse at gmail dot com

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP