Monday, June 09, 2008

Auto salvage yard



Visiting the auto salvage yard was not what I expected. I knew there would be really interesting photo opportunities, and there were, but at the same time, I did not want to stay too long either. I've been to salvage yards before and I never remember it bothering me. Maybe it was because the man running it told me he wanted to look over all my images before I left. I didn't ask why but he told me that some of the cars were involved in fatal accidents and they didn't want any images that might upset family/friends of those people to get out there. I know that made me a bit wary to peer too close into any of the cars with deployed airbags, collapsed roofs, and really smashed in fronts. Maybe it was that so many of the cars looked newer than my own two cars (and ours are not that old). Maybe it was knowing that every one of those cars, now slowly being stripped and decaying, was once something so exciting so someone, somewhere.

Despite the weird vibe I had the whole time I was there, I did get some pictures I like.

I really liked finding the handful of truly old cars. I found a couple of 1960s Thunderbirds at the very back of the yard.



I was amazed to find the chrome headlight of this old car still so shiny after 30+ years.



Then there were car parts you do not usually get to see on a working car.





I only spent a little over an hour at the yard. I hope to find another one with more 1970s and earlier cars.

0 comments:

flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kamundse. Make your own badge here.

Followers

License

These photos are not free for you to link to, republish, copy, or download just because they are on the internet. If you would like to use a photograph you see here, contact me. kamundse at gmail dot com

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP