Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Huntington Library

While visiting LA recently, we decided to spend the day at The Huntington Library... well actually the Botanical Gardens. The Art Gallery was closed and it was too nice a day to spend inside. Plus we had 3 small children with us, which is no fun for being in anything called a Library.

I have always loved the Japanese Garden at The Huntington. I think it is the bridge that always catches my attention.







I have always wished I would have a garden that looked like this. I just need that $10 million invention to give me enough money to do it.

This time I took some pictures of some lotus flowers in a pond. I have looked at them many times but never really tried to capture them. I am glad I did because I got my favorite shot of the day there.



After the lotus we went to the cactus garden. I had never spent much time in this part of the garden before and again we caught it at the end of our day and had to rush through. It is too bad because there were so many amazing views.







Next time we'll have to start with the cactus garden and make it to the new Chinese garden as well.

0 comments:

flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kamundse. Make your own badge here.

Followers

License

These photos are not free for you to link to, republish, copy, or download just because they are on the internet. If you would like to use a photograph you see here, contact me. kamundse at gmail dot com

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP