Friday, June 06, 2008

The beauty of rust

I drive by the auto salvage yard several times a week and last week the idea came to me that it would be such a great photo opportunity. I love old and rusted things as photographic subjects. I finally got my chance to go to the salvage yard this week.

The only picture I really had in mind that I wanted to get when I walked in to the yard was a close up of something rusted. I think rust patterns are so interesting. At first, I was worried I might not actually find what I was looking for. The cars near the entrance were almost all newer than the two we own (which was a weird thought because our cars are not that old). A little deeper in to the yard and I found it.

Here are a few shots:







What could be better than rust? How about rust plus fire damage.



I thought it was ironic that one of the most beautiful rust patterns I found was on one of the handful of operational vehicles in the yard. This is from the back of the yard's fork lift.



See them all plus the rest of the images from the yard (as soon as I upload them) here.

0 comments:

flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kamundse. Make your own badge here.

Followers

License

These photos are not free for you to link to, republish, copy, or download just because they are on the internet. If you would like to use a photograph you see here, contact me. kamundse at gmail dot com

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP