Thursday, January 03, 2008

More Monarchs

Happy 2008! December went by in a frenzy for us. Once Thanksgiving gets here, we have birthdays and holidays popping up nearly weekly around here making it hard to have time for anything else.

These pictures I took back on December 10th. We had so much fun taking pictures at the Monarch Grove in Pismo that we went back. This time we got there in the morning for some different (hopefully better) light and more activity by the butterflies. I was able to get some decent close-up shots this time too.





I still find the dangling clusters of Monarchs to be the most amazing site. They remind me of grapes.



I also had a little fun with Photoshop:



One Monarch landed on my dad's jacket. We're not sure if it was attracted to the color or to the unique scent that jacket seems to have.



More pictures coming soon (I promise!).

1 comments:

Simone 12:27 PM  

Beautiful photos!!!!

flickr

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from kamundse. Make your own badge here.

Followers

License

These photos are not free for you to link to, republish, copy, or download just because they are on the internet. If you would like to use a photograph you see here, contact me. kamundse at gmail dot com

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP